You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
KIPP Delta Public Schools
Arkansas Delta, AR
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Delta Public Schools
Preferred Locations:Helena, AR
Contact: Megan Stitzinger
Custodian - Helena
About KIPP Delta Public Schools
KIPP Delta Public Schools was founded in 2002 when we opened our doors to 65 fifth grade students in Helena, Arkansas. Our ultimate goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in life – and in so doing, prove what is possible in public education. We promised to do whatever was necessary to help our students succeed. KIPP Delta is still making – and keeping – the same promise today. We now lead six schools across the Arkansas Delta serving over 1,300 students and 200 alumni. Since opening, our schools have regularly outperformed local school districts academically, and the work of many of our schools has been recognized on local, statewide, and national levels. To date, 100% of our high school graduates have been accepted into college, and nearly 80% are currently persisting in or have graduated from college.
Where We Work
Offering the ease of small town living near cities like Memphis and Little Rock, the Arkansas Delta is the ideal place to live, play, and work. Our schools currently span three locations, and campuses will continue to grow each year to serve all grade levels.
What We Value & BelieveWe share an unwavering belief and passion for empowering students from underserved communities to pursue a life of value, joy, and integrity. We believe that when interacting with students, staff, and our community, every staff member should model our core values: High Expectations, Beyond Z (going above and beyond), Humility, and Love and Care. Who We Seek
- Helena Campus – opened in 2002, serving students in grades PreK-12
- Blytheville Campus – opened in 2010, serving students in grades 4-12
- Forrest City Campus – opened in 2015, serving students in grades 5-7
KIPP Delta welcomes all candidates who strive to balance high expectations with a genuine love for our students, families, staff, and resources. We do this by challenging students, acknowledging their hard work and achievements, and never underestimating their intellect or desire to learn. We seek to create a joyous struggle in all students by planning rigorous lessons while differentiating to meet students’ needs. We know our job has been done well when our students leave our classrooms exhilarated and craving more. We acknowledge this work is hard, and we provide each other with the support and respect needed to fuel this very important effort. Position Description
Reporting directly to the School Operations Leader and working closely with the school staff, as well as custodial and repair vendors, the Custodian is responsible for providing custodial and maintenance, ensuring smoothing day-to-day operations in these areas for all locations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute the cleaning of buildings, grounds, and fixtures.
- Daily cleaning of all school used spaces, including, but not limited to, exterior walkways, halls, stairwells, common spaces, classrooms, and bathrooms.
- Respond to teacher and staff requests for building and maintenance repairs and cleanups
- Respond to incidents as needed.
- Cafeteria set up and clean up for meals.
- Monitor cleaning and landscaping service’s performance on a daily basis and report issues to School Operations Leader for follow up; addresses issues needing immediate attention.
- Execute the maintenance of buildings, grounds, and fixtures.
- Change light bulbs as needed.
- Address plumbing issues.
- Move equipment/fixtures/deliveries as needed.
- Assemble basic furniture or supplies for classroom.
- Make minor repairs to building, equipment and fixtures.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to note significant issues and complete work or submit tickets as necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of problems, procedures, and operations involved in inspecting, analyzing, and planning building and ground maintenance, heating and ventilating work to be done.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by School Operations Leader
• Perform specific projects when school is not in session (winter, spring, and summer breaks).
- Adhere to daily cleaning schedule provided, making exceptions as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Respectful of the instructional environment, avoiding loud noises when class is in session; coordinate with school staff on disruptive operations.
- Provide custodial coverage during breaks and vacations.
- Belief that all KIPP Delta students can and will finish college
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, works collaboratively and maintains focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective communication skills- phone, email, etc.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and information systems used by the organization- cell phone, computer, and ticketing system.
- Knowledge of modern cleaning methods, materials, tools, and equipment, maintenance principles, and sanitation methods.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift, bend, and pull more than 50 pounds.
- General repair skills.
- Exemplification of the character values: zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
- The ability to receive and act upon adjusting feedback
- Unwavering belief in and passion for the mission of KIPP Delta Public Schools
- Commitment to continually developing the character strengths of grit, zest, optimism, self-control, social intelligence, gratitude, and curiosity in all students and one’s self
- Indoor and outdoor environment; exposure to dust, chemicals, bodily fluid borne pathogens, variances in temperature, and equipment with moving parts.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, and maneuvering heavy objects; occasional standing, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, simple grasping; frequent to constant walking, including walking on gravel or uneven surfaces; bending at the neck or waist; stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Travel between multiple locations daily; candidate must have transportation.
KIPP Delta offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
KIPP Delta is committed to hiring a diverse team and encourages candidates from all backgrounds and sexual orientation. KIPP Delta is an equal opportunity employer.