You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
General Position Overview
KIPP New Orleans Schools
New Orleans, LA
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Orleans Schools
Contact: Mary Carlton
Under direction of the Director of Facilities and School Operations Leaders of each school, the Maintenance Associate performs semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and repair work on KNOS buildings, grounds and equipment. KNOS Facilities Maintenance Associate is the semi-skilled position requiring a basic working knowledge of the building trades related to facilities maintenance and repair. This position is associated with the general upkeep and maintenance of KNOS facilities and grounds. The Maintenance Associate position requires a working knowledge of a variety of building trades including HVAC, carpentry and electrical maintenance as they relate to the upgrade, maintenance and repair of KNOS facilities. This position requires an individual who embraces and embodies the mission and values of KIPP New Orleans Schools.About KIPP New Orleans SchoolsKIPP New Orleans Schools is a non-profit network of 11 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating 4400 elementary, middle, and high school students. We have a 10-year track record of preparing students for success in college and life, and our goal is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to pursue a life filled with choices. Our schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. As part of the national Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) network of 200 schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, we are committed to partnering with the community to ensure that all children have the knowledge, skills and character they need to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place. We believe that great teachers and school leaders, a supportive learning environment, and an emphasis on both academics and character are the foundation for student success, and we strive to provide these for every child. At KIPP New Orleans Schools, teachers, students and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled plumbing, carpentry, painting and electrical activities associated with the maintenance and repair of facilities.
- Performs general building maintenance duties as required; sets up and break down of furniture in support of events services, inspects and performs minor repairs of electrical and HVAC systems and motorized equipment.
- Maintains records of activities including preventative maintenance services and service requests.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools; works with a variety of chemicals including cleaning products, solvents, glues, etc.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with contractors, students, the public and co-workers. Performs related work as required and assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Performs a variety of tasks associated with the work of a Facilities Maintenance Associate in conditions that include work inside, outside and a variety of conditions. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided for all tasks that involve situations listed above.
- At least one year of full time experience in general maintenance, construction, or facilities maintenance, construction, or facilities of schools or similarly public buildings.
- Professional license in the building trades preferred.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Knowledge of and skill in operation of common tools and materials used in school buildings and public facility maintenance.
- Knowledge of and skill in modern construction, repair and maintenance procedures along with safe work practices and policies and occupational hazards and safe work practices associated with the work.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as employer retirement contribution, is included.